Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct & Participation Guidelines
In publishing Open Data, we hope that it is useful, relevant and provides the basis for developing meaningful applications.
When using the data, please note the following.
You are encouraged to:
- access the data published;
- use and re-use the data;
- discuss the data with other users;
- request new datasets, but, please, do not repeat requests which are still outstanding;
- notify us of any inconsistencies or errors;
- make suggestions on how Stirling Council’s Open Data Publishing Platform can be improved.
- cite the origin of the data when using it;
- clearly state, where possible, any changes you have been made to the source dataset.
You should not:
- present the data in a misleading or incorrect manner or misrepresent the data;
- develop an application that pretends to be an official government service;
- as it is publicly funded, use the Open Data Publishing Platform for party political purposes;
- use the data to engage in, support or promote criminal activity;
- use the data in an offensive manner, for example, to encourage homophobia, racism or sexism.
When interacting with Stirling Council through any social media platform, please adhere to the following.
- Always be polite to and respectful of other users.
- Stay on topic and do not upload unrelated content.
- Do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes swearing and obscene or vulgar comments).
- Do not select a username that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative.
- Do not share personal information, for example, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other contact details.
- Do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent another individual or organisation.
- Do not commercially endorse or promote any products, services or publications.
- Observe the age restrictions and exclusions applicable to the use of social media.
Last updated: 11th March, 2019